Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter

Alleluia! Christ is Risen! He is risen indeed! Alleluia!






With beautiful eggs like these, who needs to dye any? (Fresh eggs courtesy of my friend's mother-in-law and her chickens.)


Another bit of nostalgia.



My mother (the little one) and two of her cousins near Zuni or Black Rock, New Mexico, Easter 1936


Happy Easter, Everyone. May you have a wonderful day.

Update 9:33 PM Saturday evening, April 3: About 15 minutes ago, there was an earthquake in Yellowstone National Park. I didn't feel it, but the animals did! The dogs went nuts; they were barking hysterically and running around the house and back and forth from door to door. (Yes, it scared the bejeepers out of me!) The cats have been pacing all afternoon. Hmmmm. (Blasted edit program! Font size is shown small here, but huge when posted!)

5 comments:

Maggi said...

He is risen indeed! Happy Easter, glad the earthquake wasn't a big one!

myletterstoemily said...

yikes! there was another one near
san diego.

i agree with you about the eggs.
it's hard to beat a beautiful brown
egg!

Vee said...

What a cute photo of your mom! (Blogger issues drive me nuts so I understand your frustration!)

Vickie said...

I think brown eggs just taste better, too! ;o)

Cute old picture - doncha just love old pictures??? I do!

Thanks for stopping by with your well-wishes - very much appreciated! Take care and have a great week!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Another one of those The-Animals-Knew-About-The-Quake posts. Interesting... Do they feel the tremors in their paws?

Other post referred to birds I think. All very interesting.

Those old photos are precious!