Monday, August 4, 2008

Call It Stormy Monday (But Tuesday Is Just As Bad)",

I hope not! I got dressed for work this morning and proceeded to spill my tea down the front of me. Then, I sloshed the dog's water (I thought the bowl was empty!) into a drawer of office supplies. (That's what I get for trying to do too many things at once. Multi-tasking doesn't always work.) After a few other crazy things, I decided maybe I'd better eat breakfast - it did cure the clumsies. But, all this made me almost 2-1/2 hours late for work.

I finally made it to work to finds that another co-worker was late getting to work. Another called in sick. Another went home sick at noon. Another was supposed to be back from vacation today, but couldn't make it in. Of course, the phone rang off the hook this afternoon - everyone needed information NOW. (That's okay. I rather be busy than twiddle my thumbs.) I talked to several customers who were having bad days, too.

Now, to the happy part!

Last Saturday night our family went to the Lewiston (ID) Civic Theatre's annual fund raiser "Jukebox Saturday Night". This year's theme was Surfin' the Jukebox (think Annette and Frankie beach movie). (We try to go every year. Of course, we had to go last year because my daughter was in it.)

The whole point of Jukebox is family fun (and to raise money for the theatre). The cast puts on a goofy play using oldies to tie it all together. There's romance, gags, lots of singing, dancing, and of course, the audience gets involved with some woohooing, booing, clapping, and singing. The cast usually consists of little children to great-grandparents.

This year's pre-show entertainment started with Hannah singing Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay. Move over Otis; Hannah can even whistle (really well)! Then Jeanene sang Call It Stormy Monday (But Tuesday Is Just As Bad). I still get goose bumps thinking about it. Can that woman sing!

Those were just the openers...

Harmoney sang Under the Boardwalk so beautifully (better than Bette Midler) that I almost cried. DJ, Mason, Taylor, Mike, on and on - outshone the singers that made the songs popular.

The band is (as always) fantastic. This time BB King move over.

I am still always amazed at the talented people in our world. (How do those untalented people get famous???)

The last performances are Thursday through Sunday. Call ahead for tickets, or you might not get in.

September - Footloose

December - Peter Pan

March - Mystery play and music (can't wait!)

May - Miss Saigon

Live theatre for about the same $ as going to a movie.

No comments: